Contino Graciano wine | CVNE

Contino Mazuelo

Contino Mazuelo is made with the best grapes from the “Don Vicente” plot located in our San Rafael estate vineyards. The aim is to extract the full potential of this grape variety.

After destemming, the grapes undergo a cold maceration for 24-48 hours until the alcoholic fermentation begins spontaneously in a raw concrete tanks, at a controlled temperature throughout the process, with very few pump-overs. The malolactic fermentation is also carried out naturally. The wine is aged for 16 months in 100% French oak barrels, of which 80% is new and the remaining 20% is of second use.


Name of the Wine
Contino Mazuelo
Region of Production
Grape Variety
100% mazuelo


“Viñedos del Contino was born in 1973, establishing the “château” concept in the Rioja region. Its wines are made exclusively from the vines planted on its 62 hectares. The estate’s vineyards embrace its ancestral home within a meander in the River Ebro, located in Laserna, near the village of Laguardia in the Rioja Alavesa”
DESCUBRE MÁS Contino Graciano “With Contino Garnacha, we are striving to create a single-varietal wine that embodies the essence of this variety and showcases the unique characteristics of the Finca San Rafael terroir, where the soils and mesoclimate make for a truly unique wine”